personalised trip here Call +44 (0) 208 144 2629
to speak to a specialist
Visit the cultural highlights of Ecuador before the unique Galapagos Islands.
Papallacta Pass Thermal Springs
A short break to the Papallacta Pass Thermal Springs resort, just two hours from the capital Quito...
WHEN TO GO
Ecuador might be the smallest of the Andean countries but it is packed with the most startling contrasts of scenery and a fascinating bio diversity. It offers snow-capped Andean highlands, sweltering Amazon jungle, sun-soaked Pacific beaches and the unique natural treasure trove of the Galapagos Islands. It is also one of the continent’s best places to observe ancient cultures, with many colourful markets and exuberant fiestas showcasing Andean heritage and folklore.
- The UNESCO Heritage site of Quito, a colonial city flanked by snow-capped volcanoes
- The colourful Otavalo market, most famous sierra market on the continent
- The Cotopaxi National Park, dominated by the perfect cone of Cotopaxi volcano, one of the highest active volcanoes in the world
- The cultivated Cuenca, Ecuador’s finest colonial city
- Galapagos Islands, one of the great wonders of the natural world
One of the most species-rich countries on the planet, Ecuador is the perfect destination for nature lovers. Galapagos Islands are the obvious place for wildlife watching but there are so many others. The Amazon rainforest offers a chance to see monkeys, sloths, toucans, river dolphins and anacondas. The mist-covered cloud forest is one of the best bird-watching sites in South America. And the Andes give you pumas, spectacled bears and the shy mountain tapirs.
Our suggested Ecuador itineraries are below but we can tailor any of them to create your perfect trip. Popular extensions include the Oriente, Ecuadorian Amazon and Galapagos Islands.
tailor made trip?
Click here to start To book your trip call:
+44 (0)208 6969 097